Student ICT Acceptable Use Policy
I know that I must use the computers safely:
- I know that my teacher can watch what I do on the computers.
- I will not let anyone else know or use my username or password; and I will not use their username or password.
- I will tell a teacher immediately of anything that makes me feel uncomfortable or I know I should not be viewing.
- I understand that the school will look after me and my friends and can help if anything happens on the computer that worries me.
I know that I must use the computers responsibly:
- I will only put pictures or videos on the Internet or Social Media sites from inside the school if I have permission.
- I understand that the school’s Internet filter is there to protect me, and I will not try to bypass it. If I do access a website that I know is not suitable, I will tell my teacher immediately.
- If I need access to a blocked website, I will ask my teacher.
- I will not knowingly infringe copyright.
I know that I must help look after the computers:
- If I have a problem with my computer, I will tell a teacher immediately so that the problem can be fixed – I won’t leave it broken for the next person.
- I will only use programs that are already on the school computer. If I need a new program, I will ask my teacher – I won’t try to install it myself.
I know that I must respect others when using the computers:
- I will always treat others the same way I would want them to treat me – just as I would when not using the computers. I will not use the computers to harass or bully anyone.
- I will always be polite online. I appreciate that others may have different opinions.
- I will not take or share pictures or videos of anyone without their permission.
This signed Student ICT Acceptable User Policy (Agreement) is valid until superseded by any new Student ICT Acceptable User Policy (Agreement). Developed and Ratified: October 2013.