St. Mary MacKillop provides numerous opportunities for parents and families to participate in the life of the school.
As a Catholic school, we celebrate Christ as the centre of our lives, calling us to be life-giving by the way we live the Gospel in our time.
We strive to empower our community to be people of hope for the world.
Our Catholic Culture:
- A dynamic learning community
- A welcoming and supportive Leadership Team
- Happy, enthusiatic and positive teachers committed to meeting the needs of each child
- Parent and community involvement in partnership with the school
- Pastoral policies or practices that promote self discipline and social relationships to ensure children learn within a safe, calm and gentle environment
- A Christian education within a Catholic context
- A Religious Education Program which teaches our faith as Catholics
- A Sacramental Program which prepares children to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation, Communion and Confirmation
Opportunities for the community to come together include:
- Supporting working bees
- Attending celebrations, such as the school Christmas Carols and Picnic evening
- Reading the school newsletter to keep up to date with what is happening in the school community, noting opportunities for involvement
- Supporting the school Parents Association.
Opportunities for the community to involve themselves in the core business of the school include:
- Attending parent-teacher interviews
- Attending Parent Information Sessions, such as Sacramental Programs, Parent Helper Courses
- Helping out in the classroom and attending excursions
- Keeping abreast of the curriculum through reading the Learning and Teaching Newsletters and Curriculum Term Overviews, which outline the learning programs for your children during the current term
- Discussing your children’s school day with them, read to and with your children at home (Refer to Homework Policy in the Learning page)